xx xx xx




08 September 2016

10 Things I've Learn't Since Becoming a Parent


It has been over 300 days since I found out that I was going to be a mum. Over 300 days since I found out that my life was going to change forever. More than 300 days when R and I found out that we were going to be a family of 3.

I have learn't so much since becoming a mama to Noah. 3-months on and I am still learning and evolving and sometimes even winging it, in a role that I am so proud to be in.  Noah has changed my life is so many different ways. 

He has shown me... 

1. Despite the agonising pain, I'd go through labour all over again


2. How to function on an unhealthy 3-hour of broken sleep
I'm not going to sugar coat it, being sleep deprived hurts. It hurts my eyes, my bones, mentally, physically and emotionally. It's probably one of the hardest part of being a first time parent. I have never in my life had 3-hours of broken sleep until a few weeks ago. It was pretty painful and I was in a state. I cried, I was fed up, I wanted to give it all up until Noah looked up at me with his innocent baby brown eyes and presented me with the most gorgeous "mummy I'm hungry!" smile. Sleep deprivation makes you do and think silly things, but his face makes all the emotional pain disappear.  


3. Having a boy means lots of toilet accidents 
Accidents as in fountain sprays and projectile #2 is something that I have to battle with everyday. My son has projectile #2 on me so many times. You learn to prep yourself to catch those fountain pee's at every change and when you do, you reward yourself with a fist pumping celebration dance! 


4. One kiss is never enough!
Giving soppy kisses to your offspring is inevitable. It has to be done because those cheeks are irresistible and because your baby is too darn cute. No doubt I'll continue those kisses until he finds his mama embarrassing! 


5. Breastfeeding is hard
It really is. There is so much pressure on women to breastfeed and no one tells you how challenging it really is. No one tells you that cluster feeding is so much more harder than being sleep deprived. No one tells you that your nipples can go red raw. No one tells you that engorge boobs are so, so painful. But despite that, breastfeeding is one of the most rewarding thing I can do for my baby. The bond and closeness that I get with Noah makes all the above worth while.


6. Having a hot meal is a distant memory
I have learn't to consume my meals in record breaking time because Noah cries the moment R and I sit down for a 'hot' meal. I can't remember the last time I had a pipping hot meal or a meal with R where there was no little human screaming in the background. Babies sense when their parent's need a little alone time to recharge. 


7. Prepping in advance is key 
You have to organise your days out military style, especially if your exclusively breastfeeding. Simply grabbing your keys and and leaving the house has to be organised to the T. Expressing b-milk the day before for his feed, make sure his nappy bag is filled, feeding Noah just before we go out, changing his nappy and making sure he has his nap before we go out is some of the things we have to do before we leave the house


8. If only nappies grews on trees
Because you can go through at least 10 nappies a day. I never realise how much a little human can pee and poo so many times in a day. Nappies aren't cheap, so shopping around and trying out different brand of nappies can help you save £££

9. Baby talk just comes naturally
Milkies, boobies, farties are some of the words that are permanently in my everyday vocabulary.


10. Being a parent is the best job in the world
I've never been so proud to be Noah's mum. The love that you have for your child is indescribable. All you ever want to do now is to make sure your baby is happy, healthy and safe - something that I will continue doing for the rest of my life. 



Thanks for reading! 

Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs 

 Xx  Xx X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Lifestyle & Laffs